Con-Test Analytical Laboratory is an environmental laboratory providing environmental and industrial hygiene analytical services with a reputation established on quality, integrity and reliability. Our mission is focusing every day, every project, every sample and every analysis on earning our customer’s trust and respect. We strive to make a positive impact on the environment, our community, clients, and employees. Con-Test Analytical Laboratory is a family owned business with a friendly and positive atmosphere where employees become part of our family.
We are seeking a friendly, trustworthy, motivated and professional individual with a great attitude for this HR Assistant Position!
This position will be a Part-time position (20-25 hours per week) ideal for a student in the HR/ business field, professional who is looking for a part-time schedule or a partially retired individual looking to remain busy. HR/ payroll experience Preferred.
The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department. This includes upholding the highest standards of confidentiality, ethics, safety and regulatory policy and compliance at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary job duties and responsibilities of the HR Assistant are listed below. This list is not all inclusive.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation. This includes both electronic and paper files.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files under the guidance of the HR Supervisor and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, entering disability payments, fixing time clocks and running payroll reports.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, dental, vision, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Benefits enrollment and waivers tracking for health insurance or other benefits.
- 401k assistance, enrollments and filing assistance.
- Assistance with HR and compliance audits; internally and externally; as needed.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation. Ensures that proper forms and documents are successfully completed and saves the files in the proper Electronic folders for documentation.
- Assists with recruitment activities by assessing resumes, conducting phone screening interviews and scheduling in person interviews for both external and internal applicants.
- Background check processing and compliance.
- Documentation, and HR policing such as warnings, violations, safety meeting notes/attendance, reminding staff of pandemic requirements for facial coverings, etc.
- Assistance with termination procedures and proper termination paperwork necessary.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits open enrollment, organization-wide meetings, HR employee trainings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Assistance and documentation for all employee and employer Training needs and ongoing continuous improvement philosophy.
- Posts updated compliance posters and sends to each service center, checks in until confirmed that each location has the proper compliance posters in place.
- Assistance with employment verifications, unemployment questionnaires and monetary verifications.
- Daily confirmation of COVID-19 Screening for all on-site employees and ensuring daily all employees are fit for duty. This includes necessary daily temperature screening for on-site employees.
- Fitness for Duty document tracking and archiving into proper folders and follow-up, as needed.
- Vendor tracking forms during pandemic.
- COVID-19 Sick and family leave tracking for payroll and reporting, ensuring proper documentation is received and properly filed. Administration assistance FFCRA and CARES Act.
- Investigation assistance as needed.
- Assistance with HR Reporting on payroll and employee data.
- Working on new review software and system, helping supervisors with new procedures and assigning proper roles, training, reporting and proper documentation.
- Ongoing learning of State regulations, compliance, federal regulations as pertains to HR and employee/employer compliance needs. Communicate and research with HR Supervisor and employer, as needed.
- Employee Memo updates and support, as needed. Writing skills a plus.
- Calls, meeting assistance, training and communications to employees, as needed, to support HR Supervisor and other Department Supervisors.
- Employee Handbook assistance and administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To successfully perform this job, the HR Assistant must have at least a high school degree and at least 1 year of experience in this position or similar OR an associate’s degree in HR/Business or related.
- High School degree plus 1 year experience with HR OR Associates degree in HR/ business or related discipline.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Google Suite products, Adobe, and CheckWriters Payroll (preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Must be dedicated to confidentiality and the highest of ethical standards.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Reliable, dependable, patient, friendly, professional, kind and genuine
- multi-tasker, takes direction well, eager to learn, team player, motivated
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
This job requires patience and a can-do attitude. Multi-tasking and balancing many projects at once is common. Very busy in Spring, sometimes Summer and especially Fall months. Slower seasonally in Winter months which opens up some time to work on major projects. Very demanding industry and business. Stressful and fast paced should be expected. Working well with people and proven people skills necessary at all times and dedication with professional attitude.
Some weekend/ evening availability for phone calls and texts will be required in order to better serve our weekend/ 2nd/3rd shift staff.
During Pandemic, please see below requirements for safety of our employees.
- At times, the job may require physical lifting of 25-50 lbs. or more.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- If going into the laboratory must wear all proper PPE and abide by the Safety Policy.
- During Pandemic conditions, must wear a mask at all times when working within any of our facilities, with other employees present or at any times when working and within 6 feet of others.
- Also during pandemic, expected to follow all COVID-19 and pandemic safety guidelines in addition to wearing face covering which includes, but not limited to, frequent hand washing, social distancing at all times of 6 feet from others, wearing face covering and proper personal protective equipment (PPE) if in laboratory areas, staying home if sick and other pandemic related procedures.
Compensation for this position is based on the experience of the candidate.
Con-Test Analytical Laboratory (FILLI LLC) is an incorporated company and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.