LC- MS/MS Analyst
Con-Test Analytical Laboratoryis an environmental laboratory providing environmental and industrial hygieneanalytical services with a reputation established on quality, integrity andreliability. Our mission is focusing every day, every project, every sample andevery analysis on earning our customer’s trust and respect. We strive to make apositive impact on the environment, our community, clients, and employees.Con-Test Analytical Laboratory is a family owned business with a friendly andpositive atmosphere where employees become part of our family.
We offer a rich benefitspackage, including Paid Time Off, social events, 401k,Health, Dental, Vision,Short Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and community initiatives.
We are seeking a skilled,highly motivated, experienced analyst with a great attitude for this LC MS/MSAnalyst Position!
Experience in PFAS analysis a plus.
We are hiring for the followingfor 1st shift. The hours will be Monday- Friday 9am-5:30pm.
The LC-MS/MS Analyst performs environmental analyses and/ or preps samples using standard analytical techniques in compliance with Con-Test Analytical Laboratory’s Quality Assurance programs and Standard Operating Procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adherence to health and safety guidelines as appropriate to job function.
- Method development.
- Perform routine lab tasks that provide experience and familiarization with methods, practices, and programs to include:
- Preparation of samples using standard techniques, following standard operating procedures.
- Performing chemical solutions, standards, dilutions; following standard operating procedures.
- Data evaluation, Data reporting / uploading into data reporting system.
- Reporting data, and any unusual test occurrences to department manager.
- Conforming to laboratory QA/QC practices.
- Responsible for general housekeeping in work area/department.
- Ability to perform instrument maintenance, including; Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry.
- Performing instrument maintenance and troubleshooting as needed.
- Batching instruments, assisting laboratory technician.
- Ensuring instruments are running following benchmarks, and optimized to ensure clients’ needs are met.
- Reporting full data packages, including uploading calibration curves and data.
- Work with department manager to create efficiency gains to reduce down times and costs.
- Working with department manager to create daily batches to ensure client needs are met, along with method requirements.
- SOP updating.
- Attending outside training seminars.
- Training new personnel.
- Working with department manager to ensure benchmarks are met and methods/instruments/protocols continuously improve.
- Education: BS/BA in Chemistry or related field and/or minimum of 3 years of experience in a laboratory setting.
- Great communication
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills
- Work a full Monday- Friday schedule with possible weekend hours required.
Laboratory working conditions.
Location: 39 Spruce St. East Longmeadow, MA
- Some heavy lifting may be required
- Frequent walking, sitting and/or standing
Compensation for this positionis based on the experience of the candidate.
Con-Test Analytical Laboratory(FILLI LLC) is an incorporated company and is an Equal Opportunity Employer(EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, geneticinformation, disability or protected veteran status.