We are looking for temporary (or permanent) help as a courier driver anytime between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm Monday through Friday. Days and hours may vary.
- To provide sample pickups or bottle deliveries and to visit our clients in a safe, friendly and professional manner at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- Check in and out of our Time & Labor system at start and end of each day for time tracking.
- Obtain courier schedule daily.
- Get all your bottle orders unto your truck.
- Deliver samples to sub-contractor labs, if needed.
- Deliver bottle orders per client requests.
- Pick up samples per our clients request.
- Match the chain of custody that goes with the samples to insure that you are taking the correct samples. Check each sample against chain-of-custody document. Then sign for them that they are all within your receipt.
- Make sure all samples that are being picked up are put on ice right away.
- Return the chain with the samples back to the laboratory and sign the chain again to relinquish samples to the labs.
- Clean out your vehicle and make sure you had filled up your gas tank for the next day.
- You will be given a cell phone to use and a GPS is in each truck.
- Help with other deliveries, vehicle maintenance, inspections, pickups or requests for company or customer needs.
- Present yourself to each and every customer in a professional, friendly, service-oriented manner as you are representing our company and values at all times.
- All couriers should come to work dressed professionally, in a clean, well-groomed, well-dressed manner that is consistent with our Company Dress Code and within professional Customer Service industry standards.
- Heavy lifting (greater than 50 pounds at once) will be required at times and lifting boxes, coolers and samples is a daily, common activity for this job duty as well as frequent bending, walking and quick movements.
- Safety on the road at all times - safe use, per Company policy, of hands-free cell phone use and safe, consistent driving to keep our employee safe as well as others on the road.
- Training courses will be required throughout employment.
- Flexible schedules possibly to meet the needs of the customers.
- High School Graduate
- Drivers License and Motor Vehicle Records in good standing
- Great communication skills
- Superior Customer Service skills
- Organizational skills
- Physically Fit - Heavy lifting required daily (over 50 pounds) and frequent lifting of boxes, coolers and other items throughout the day.
- Efficient Time Management
- Sense of direction
- Professional appearance, dress and grooming since our Couriers meet many of our clients on a daily basis
- Friendly and respectful at all times
Couriers are constantly on the road so they must deal with the stresses of traffic jams and be safe and consistent in their driving at all times. The job is typically straightforward, but on occasion, customers can become upset if their bottle orders or time specifics have not been delivered as expected. Lifting, both heavy, medium, light and frequently, are required on a daily basis, throughout the day. Bending, lifting and frequent movement are part of the job. There is absolutely no smoking in the vehicles at any time.
- You would often handle coolers or heavy lifting in excess of 50 pounds.
- Frequent walking, sitting (while driving) and/or standing
- During Summer months, may be extremely hot/warm weather conditions.
· May be driving in excess of 8 hours per day.
· Required to wear Company courier uniform including Con-Test provided shirts/hats/jackets and must dress neat and professional per our Company dress code. Couriers are the first line of Customer Service for our Company so professional dress required at all times.
A background check and valid driver's license is required for all positions with our laboratory.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer