Wet Chemistry Technician FT- 2nd Shift
We are seeking a two Full time Wet Chemistry Technicians. One of these positions will be Monday-Friday 8am-4pm, the other will be Tuesday-Saturday, Tues-Fri 2pm-10:30pm and Sat 9am-5pm. The Second shift position will be offered a $2/hour differential. Both applicants will all of our FT benefits. We offer a rich benefits package, including Paid Time Off, social events, 401k, Health, Dental, Vision,Short Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and community initiatives.
- The Wet Chemistry technician position is responsible for preforming analysis and data entry
- Wet Chemistry technician is also responsible for make standard and reagents as well as performing additional responsibilities as designated by supervisor.
This FT Position will work Tuesday-Saturday. Tuesday-Friday: 2pm-10:30pm, Saturday: 9am-5pm. This is a 2nd shift position and will be eligible for a $2/ hour differential.
Duties and responsibilities
- Query for short holding time, rush and regular samples and prioritize them.
- Find the samples and check their ID’s against the bench.
- Make all standards and reagents for Wet Chemistry Department.
- Preforming Wet Chemistry analysis and enter data, ensuring duties are preformed within SOP’s
- Preforming dilution or filtration of samples
- Make all checking expiration dates of reagents and standards and order them though Coordinator.
- Multi-tasking, time management and good organization are the keys to this position.
- Communicate with analysts to assist with needs
- Handling of chemicals and reagents safely.
- Responsible for disposing of waste
- Responsible for weekly pipette calibration.
- Assisting in additional tasks are request.
- Laboratory Mathematics
- Initiative and self motivation
- Communication skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Able to work as the team or independently.
- High School Diploma
- Instruments are in the Wet Chemistry Department lab where sample and chemicals are handled regularly.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Minor lifting
A backgroundc heck and valid driver's license is required for all positions with our laboratory.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer